Sugar House Review is lucky and honored and still amazed to have Paul Muldoon's poem from our first issue (Fall/Winter 2009) included in Pushcart Prize XXXV--Best of the Small Presses, which is out now and available for purchase. We have a copy and recommend it, not only because of Muldoon's poem, but because it's a great anthology of work, illustrating the wonderful job small presses are doing.
This new Pushcart anthology signals not only a great collection, but also that it's time for this year's nominations. We had a difficult time narrowing it down to six, because we love all of the work we've published this past year. Here are the six poems we nominated:
- Steven Cramer's "Versions of Mandelstam" (v3)
- Yolanda Franklin's "Porch Sitters Sippin' Sweet Tea in Heaven" (v2)
- Randall R. Freisinger's "Alien Sex" (v2)
- William Kloefkorn's "Sundown Syndrome" (v2)
- Janet Sylvester's "Away From the Flock" (v2)
- Pimone Triplett's "I Dream of Jeannie: Parabolic Lens" (v3)
Congratulations to these six poets!
We want to thank all of our contributors--obviously, we wouldn't have any Sugar without you--we appreciate you and your work.